Platinum Powder AlertReceive special email alerts from Howard when awesome powder is on the way! Learn more
At Howard’s Weather Cntr41.6°F ... 0 mph wind ... 0.01 precip today
barometer 29.914 ... 03:55:00 PM 04/28/16
More current conditions ...
Visit Howard for Real Estate
Realtor, Coldwell Banker
On Main Street
next to Schat's Bakery
Mammoth Lakes, California
Phone: (760) 924-0213
Have Howard contact you
Read Howard’s Latest!
- Weather pattern will return to an active one for Mid Spring…with Wind….Rain/Snow and cooler weather……This pattern will likely continue into month’s end…..
- Windy NW Slider will Morph into an inside slider with secondary upper jet…It will be windy and cooler the next few days……Strong Ridging building in over the weekend will bring a return to above normal temperatures Sunday through Wednesday…….We’re not quite done with the wet season yet as longer range charts showing a system about the 22nd with the last week of April potentially going out like a lion……..Most importantly was Scripps Winter Forecast for a Record Smashing La Nina in 2017!!!
- Sunday Afternoon’s Analysis over CA showed weak cyclonic circulation over the interior of Southern CA with scattered mainly light shower action……Over developed conditions of extensive cloudiness over Southern Mono County leads to the unlikelihood of significant precip today unless we get some surface heating….
- Moisture Surge from the south in process but little in the way of lift over Eastern CA today…..Instability should increase with time later today and tonight….
- Strong Upper Height Blocking over the Pacific NW and Western Canada will force undercutting of the westerlies the next few weeks…..Bringing good Central and Southern Sierra Snows and colder than normal temps to the high country….
- Beautiful Spring weekend shaping up with mild temps and light winds……The Last Gasp of EL Nino is on its way!………………….
- Cold Upper Low over CA today will bring gusty winds and a band of light snow through Mono County later this afternoon into this Evening….Unsettled weather to continue through Wednesday then fair and warmer Thursday through the weekend….