At Howard’s Weather Cntr58.7°F ... 0 mph wind ... 0.00 precip today
barometer 30.307 ... 09:16:00 PM 08/27/16
Platinum Powder AlertReceive special email alerts from Howard when awesome powder is on the way! Learn more
Visit Howard for Real Estate
Realtor, Coldwell Banker
On Main Street
next to Schat's Bakery
Mammoth Lakes, California
Phone: (760) 924-0213
Have Howard contact you
Read Howard’s Latest!
- Seasonal temperatures will continue this week with some warming by weeks end…..First Fall like Trough to effect the High Country Labor Day Weekend
- Weak Upper Low off the Central Coast to drift south…providing a continuation of afternoon convection and easterly flow over the sierra…warm days to continue with the slight change of showers and T Storms through Tuesday……Solar Minimum on the way……Increasing Odds for wetter CA winters in the coming year’s…..
- Upper trof lifting quickly NE today as Upper Ridge builds in….Quick warmup now into the weekend with low 80s expected in Mammoth Lakes…..Scripps/MPI Hybrid Coupled Model continues to back peddle on strength of La Nina for upcoming winter…..Peak of the Perseides Meteor Shower after midnight tonight…..
- The break from record heat will continue into the new week with slightly below normal temps in the high country……Warmer weather is expected 2nd half of the new week…..Dry pattern to continue……Perseids flying high next week!
- Cooling trend now in process with excessive heat spell now in the past…..Records broken, both for dates and consecutive days……With the passing of July, climatology indicates a gradual cool down for August……Perseids meteor shower will be the best in 7 years!
- “The Heat Is On”, with stretch of hottest days of the summer at hand…..As Upper High rebuilds over CA and Nevada this Tuesday, a few more high temperatures records are possible….Southerly flow possibly pushing up into Eastern CA by Thursday or Friday will bring the chance of thunderstorms beginning Thursday with better chance by Friday into Saturday…..Then Dry Sunday….The following week looks cooler with the return of stronger zephyr breezes…..
- Last few days of upper 70s before jump to 80s on Friday…..Continential Sub Tropical High will rapidly stretch westward Thursday into the Weekend with Hot Temperatures for CA and very warm temps for Resort Levels this weekend……Monsoon will come to our rescue developing sometime the 2nd half of next week to dampen heat wave with chances of rain in the High Country….