Platinum Powder AlertReceive special email alerts from Howard when awesome powder is on the way! Learn more
At Howard’s Weather Cntr34.3°F ... 0 mph wind ... 0.00 precip today
barometer 29.978 ... 06:55:00 AM 05/27/16
More current conditions ...
Visit Howard for Real Estate
Realtor, Coldwell Banker
On Main Street
next to Schat's Bakery
Mammoth Lakes, California
Phone: (760) 924-0213
Have Howard contact you
Read Howard’s Latest!
- Chilly Weekend to be followed by the potential of some significant snowfall Tuesday PM Through Wednesday AM……Cold Mid May adjustment wave over the far west is pretty much stationary through much of next week….The Dweebs will keep a weary eye on the Memorial Day holiday weekend……
- Expect a cool unsetteled week ahead with a slight chance of showers and thunder each period the next few days…..Temperatures will run below normal….As the Great Basin Upper Trof reloads and retrogrades….even more unsettled weather is expected over the weekend……
- Nice weather week ahead with the beginning of the week offering seasonal temperatures, then above normal temps for Thursday and Friday……The weekend looks partly cloudy, breezy and slightly cooler…..Next significant upper low to effect the high country about the middle of next week…..
- Active pattern will continue through the 1st week of May with several weather systems affecting the Eastern Sierra
- Weather pattern will return to an active one for Mid Spring…with Wind….Rain/Snow and cooler weather……This pattern will likely continue into month’s end…..
- Windy NW Slider will Morph into an inside slider with secondary upper jet…It will be windy and cooler the next few days……Strong Ridging building in over the weekend will bring a return to above normal temperatures Sunday through Wednesday…….We’re not quite done with the wet season yet as longer range charts showing a system about the 22nd with the last week of April potentially going out like a lion……..Most importantly was Scripps Winter Forecast for a Record Smashing La Nina in 2017!!!
- Sunday Afternoon’s Analysis over CA showed weak cyclonic circulation over the interior of Southern CA with scattered mainly light shower action……Over developed conditions of extensive cloudiness over Southern Mono County leads to the unlikelihood of significant precip today unless we get some surface heating….