At Howard’s Weather Cntr69.0°F ... 0 mph wind ... 0.00 precip today
barometer 30.140 ... 09:00:00 PM 07/29/16
Platinum Powder AlertReceive special email alerts from Howard when awesome powder is on the way! Learn more
Visit Howard for Real Estate
Realtor, Coldwell Banker
On Main Street
next to Schat's Bakery
Mammoth Lakes, California
Phone: (760) 924-0213
Have Howard contact you
Read Howard’s Latest!
- “The Heat Is On”, with stretch of hottest days of the summer at hand…..As Upper High rebuilds over CA and Nevada this Tuesday, a few more high temperatures records are possible….Southerly flow possibly pushing up into Eastern CA by Thursday or Friday will bring the chance of thunderstorms beginning Thursday with better chance by Friday into Saturday…..Then Dry Sunday….The following week looks cooler with the return of stronger zephyr breezes…..
- Last few days of upper 70s before jump to 80s on Friday…..Continential Sub Tropical High will rapidly stretch westward Thursday into the Weekend with Hot Temperatures for CA and very warm temps for Resort Levels this weekend……Monsoon will come to our rescue developing sometime the 2nd half of next week to dampen heat wave with chances of rain in the High Country….
- Another Upper Trof will push into the Pacific NW this weekend bringing some cooling along with stronger Zephier breezes…..Saturday through Monday…..Summertime Monsoon Still Shut Down for the Central Eastern Sierra with signs of a return before the end of the month….
- High Pressure building in over Northern CA and Western NV will begin warming trend through Mid Week with light breezes…Summertime Monsoon shut down untill further notice….
- West Coast Ridge weakening this week leading to more seasonal temps through Thursday…..Strong for July upper trof will move through the pacific NW bringing cooler weather….Gusty Winds and Critical Fire weather Saturday……
- Mammoth Mt closes July 4th for the ski season with an amazing year!…..Although June was one of the hottest on record for the Eastern Sierra….Somewhat Cooler than normal temperatures are on the way for the rest of July…The Monsoon looks weaker than normal for July….
- High pressure over the far west will gradually weaken the next week…Weak upper low will destabilize the air-mass over the Central Sierra for the chance of thunderstorms this afternoon and Saturday……Shift in the upper jet further south along the west coast next Wednesday will bring an end to the stretch of 80 degree days in Mammoth and 100 degrees days in Bishop….