At Howard’s Weather Cntr49.9°F ... 0 mph wind ... 0.00 precip today
barometer 30.373 ... 07:24:00 PM 10/21/16
Platinum Powder AlertReceive special email alerts from Howard when awesome powder is on the way! Learn more
Visit Howard for Real Estate
Realtor, Coldwell Banker
On Main Street
next to Schat's Bakery
Mammoth Lakes, California
Phone: (760) 924-0213
Have Howard contact you
Read Howard’s Latest!
- October Precipitation off to a grand start with 4.03 inches of rain here at the Village at Mammoth over the weekend….For some areas it is the 3rd wettest Oct on record already…..Still lots more time this month to set all time October Precipitation Record……While we wait….Another warm up is in store with temps in the upper 60s Friday…….Is another AR event in the cards for Northern and Central CA this month?
- Wet Windy Weekend expected throughout Mono County…..Main Snowfall will be at elevations above 10000 to 11000 feet….Winds will Increase Tonight…However, for Southern Mono County…The strongest winds may end up being Saturday Afternoon…..Stormy Period to end Monday with the upper jet lifting north next week for a long stretch of Fair Warm Indian Summer Weather….
- Beautiful warm weekend to be followed by clouds and cooler weather next week…..Atmospheric River to take aim on Northern CA beginning Thursday with heavy precipitation as anomalous upper jet sags south to the CA/OR Border…..
- Chilly Northwest flow to continue through mid week before weak ridging warms Eastern CA over the weekend….It looks like another spectacular weekend for the high country with slightly above normal temps….Cooler breezy weather returns by the following midweek…Storm Clouds are on the Horizon…..
- Upper Low bottomed out over Oregon today and upper trof now racing eastward….It is doubtful that any measurable precip will reach Mammoth….Cooler….Breezy weather is expected to continue through Tuesday with seasonal weather after mid week…
- Above normal temps to continue through mid week then upper trough from Gulf of AK to swing toward the west coast as we approach the weekend…..At this time the trough is dry for the eastern sierra but much cooler weather is expected for the upcoming weekend…Long Range forecasters are going to have a difficult time with the upcoming winters outlook….
- Wind Shift has shifted smoke away from Mammoth Lakes….Further increases in westerly flow should help as well…..Forecasters keeping weary eye on remnant moisture from Hurricane Paine for Mono County……